Making Pot Brownies is an all-time favorite activity, and there are several recipes out there that may leave you with a bitter weed taste that takes over the whole “goody” taste and this tends to be a slight bummer for some. In this guide, we’ll go for fudge tasty chocolatey brownies with great cannabis effects.
The Basics and Dont’s of Making Pot Brownies
First, a major and common mistake for novice cannabis cookers is they blend the marijuana directly with the butter or oil without decarboxylating it first. This is important since its what really gives power to your buds when using them in edibles.
Keep in mind the amount of cannabis that will be used in relation to the butter and oil as this does make a great difference in the experience.
If you’re making your own pot brownie recipe, note that the recommended amount of cannabis in relation to butter would be 3.5 grams per stick (112 grams).
The science behind pot brownies is really uncomplicated, the psychoactive traits of marijuana are found in THC and CBD. These blend easily with lipids and more effectively so when it’s done at low temperatures.
How to Decarboxylate and make Cannabis Infused Butter
In case you’re not familiar with the “decarb” process, simply grind up to 6 grams (maximum advised amount for brownies) spread them on a baking sheet, set your oven up to a low temperature 180°C/350°F for up to 50 minutes. Next just blend the grinned weed with the melted butter or oil on a stove at a low temperature for the same time and let it sit for 6 hours in order to get a highly efficient weed-infused base ingredient.
Cannabutter is just as efficient as oil, however, it is perhaps more versatile for sauces and baked meals.
- 6 grams of marijuana per 1 lb of butter.
- Heat the butter in a medium sauce pan setting a medium temperature not greater than 200°F|93°C.
- When melted, add the decarboxylated bud and cook for 45 minutes, once the timer goes off let it sit for 10 minutes.
- When straining the melted butter, press carefully to make sure you get the most out of your buds.
Cannabis infused oil
- 6 grams of marijuana per 2 cups of oil should provide a balanced and enjoyable effect.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in medium temperature, note that it shouldn’t go over 200°F|93°C.
- Add the decarboxylated bud and cook for 45 minutes, once the timer goes off let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Strain the oil and press with a wooden spoon to make sure you get the most of the oil extract.
Happy Fudge Brownies Recipe for 1 Tray
To make Pot Brownies you’ll need :
- 50-100g Cocoa powder (if malted better)
- 250g Bitter sweet chocolate bar
- 170g (3/4 Cups) of cannabutter, melted. Or 3/4 cups of canna oil.
- 280g (1 1/4 Cups) Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 100g (3/4 Cups) of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon of crushed peanuts, nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven 180°C/350°F.
- Melt the chocolate bar at a low temperature if possible by adding a few drops of milk, it will slowly turn creamier and fudge like.
- Blend the cocoa powder with the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla and whisk until a fluffy consistency is achieved.
- Add the melted chocolate fudge, and make sure its temperature isn’t too hot.
- Spread a baking sheet on your tray and butter it up ( not necessarily with cannabutter)
- Bake for 20 minutes for softer brownies and 25 to 30 minutes for a more dense texture
The malted chocolate is great to cover the strain’s taste, so in case you’re not big on tasting cannabis on your brownies, this could be a new favorite recipe for you. Also the melted chocolate will add a tasty and creamy center to your batch while you should trust your 3.5 weed infused butter to give you a measured, relaxing and potent body high.
What are the Best Strains to Make Pot Brownies
Marijuana Gelato Strain
This GSC family strain adds up a sweeter taste to the brownies as its design is based on flavor. Also, its THC levels usually range from 18% up to 25% so they have a fairly large psychoactive effect that can be considered strong for everyone. When blent into edibles a powerful body and introspective stone can be expected with certain boosts of euphoria.
This strain is very powerful due to its high THC Levels, so keep this in mind when using it for edibles.
Super Lemon Haze
Lemon Haze has a great taste and effect for anybody who’s looking for a balanced yet mainly energetic high, Super Lemon Haze, on the other hand, is more potent but in essence, remains the same as its parent strain. With a high but controllable THC level that ranges from 16% up to 21% this citrus with earthy undertones tasting weed may add a nice a flavor to your brownies and a remarkable effect as well for a night out or in with friends.
This strain is particularly nice for medicinal purposes when it comes to reducing stress and anxiety if the right dosage is used, 3.5 grams in butter or oil should do the trick.
White Widow is a classic strain and its earthy and piney tones may add a fresh taste to your brownies also its balanced 50-50 Indica Sativa composition ensures you’ll enjoy a potent and heavy body stone with a noticeable mental stimulus that is ideal to engage in any creative activities or social situations not to mention its eloquent effects on the mind.
Its THC levels range from 19% up to 25% so it should be consumed with caution and according to the recipes indication. If used for medicinal purposes this strain can prove to be an effective relaxer and energy source.
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate Guide to the Best Easy Baked Pot Brownies”
Comments are closed.