Peach Cookies with a Twist from Pittsburgh
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup peach liqueur
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the peach liqueur and diced peaches.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious Peach Cookies with a Twist from Pittsburgh! The combination of peaches and peach liqueur adds a unique flavor to the classic cookie, making it a perfect treat for any occasion. Don’t forget to share with your friends and family in Pittsburgh!
Images by 123RF