Credit for recipe: Lisa Zagorski
- Roasted Peppers (with mushrooms)
- 2 red peppers (cored and sliced)
- 2 yellow peppers (cored and sliced)
- 2 orange peppers (cored and sliced)
- 1 large container of Baby Bellas (sliced)
- 1/2 bulb of garlic crushed
- 2 or 3 T. of aroma seasoning (can use the Picante if desired)
- Enough Olive oil to completely coat the vegetables with thin layer of oil
Put all the ingredients in roasting pan or 9″ X 13″ casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake in the oven at 375 deg. for 45 min. to an hour, stirring occassionally. Peppers should be soft (but not mushy).
Pizza Dough (for two pies)
Mix 2 cups of flour with 1 t. salt, 2 T. sugar, 2 packages of yeast, Add 2 T. olive oil and 2 cups very warm water. Mix well. Add 3 cups (or more, if dough is sticky) of flour to make nice soft dough. Knead well. Cover and let rise 1/2 hour to an hour (until double in size)
Ingredients for Pesto Sauce (In the summer, plant a basil garden in an old whiskey barrel on the patio for fresh basil all summer)
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 or 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese
Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/2 cup of the oil and process until fully incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the remaining oil and pulse until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir the cheese in. (You will have left over pesto sauce for another meal, or you can cut recipe in half)
After dough is done rising, coat two 9″ x 13″ pizza pans with olive oil. Divide dough in two and spread out in the pans. Bake at 375 deg. for 10 min. Make sure dough is cooked and not “doughy” at all in the middle.
Coat each baked shell with generous amount of Pesto sauce. You can add sliced tomatoes on top of Pesto if you would like. Cover each pizza with one bag of mozzarella cheese or pizza cheese. Spoon roasted pepper/mushroom mix on top of cheese. Bake at 350 deg. until cheese is melted.
Mangia bene, vivi felice!