If I ask you to choose the best cuisine of Latin America, I bet you choose Mexican. And I agree with you.
With its intense flavors, distinctive ingredients and bright colors, Mexico provides some of the most complete dishes around the globe. Let’s see why.
Why do they have such delicious ingredients?
In order to understand that, we should go back in time a couple of centuries. It was with the Mayan and Aztec civilizations that their cooking methods started.
These communities were actively dedicated to agriculture. This is the reason why Mexicans can enjoy a huge variety of fruits and vegetables grown in their country.
What’s more, they cultivate the best spices around the world and this is something that can also be seen in their dishes.
Spices are a very important staple of Mexican cuisine, among which we can find avocado leaves, chili powders, vanilla, clove or epazote. There are several types that will enhance any recipe flavor.
What about Mexican dishes?
Mexican cuisine actually differs quite a lot from what is served in countries like the United States as “Tex-Mex” food.
Some of their exquisite dishes are enchiladas, tacos, chilaquiles, machaca, burritos, among others.
If you want to learn more about Mexican cuisine, I suggest checking this link minuterice.com/recipes/mexican-rice/, where you are going to find interesting information about authentic Mexican rice. You will be surprised!
Do you want to learn how to prepare a Mexican dish?
Today, I bring you an exquisite dish that will make your mouth melt. This Mexican rice recipe is made out of very simple ingredients. The only things you will need to have are the correct rice variety and 20 spare minutes of your life.
What you are going to need
- 1 tablespoon of oil, you can choose between corn, olive, vegetables or canola oil.
- 1 cup of white rice.
- 2 cups of tomato sauce.
- 1 cup of tomato broth.
- 1 cup of chicken broth.
- A pinch of salt and pepper.
Step by step
- To begin with, take a pan and place it over medium-high heat. Add the oil that you’ve chosen together with the white rice. Cook the rice until it browns.
- Then, once the rice is golden, add the water, the tomato sauce, the tomato broth, the garlic and the chili powder. Bring the preparation to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat to low.
- After that, wait for about 20 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Finally, when the liquid has been completely reduced, let the preparation rest, covered for some minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork or with a wooden spoon and enjoy!
- If you want to widen this dish a little bit more, you can add your favorite vegetables. Onions and red or green pepper will provide the typical consistency of sauté dishes that taste amazingly well. Carrots and peas are a great choice to make the dish volume bigger and they also provide nutrients. This is a great way of incorporating vegetables to your diet!
- You can always add your preferred type of cheese to make this rice a little bit creamier. Some good choices are Cheddar cheese or Mozzarella cheese.
- Remember cooking is about being creative. So, let your mind play around with the ingredients you use and add the ones you think are going to pair well with this recipe. Spices, for example, are a matter of taste. You can add a pinch of cumin or choose the type of pepper that suits best in your view.
Honestly, I think this is a very practical dish. You can serve it as an entrée, as a main course or as a side dish. You can have it with a nice beef or pork meat and it will be the perfect meal for dinnertime.
This recipe requires such simple ingredients that, if you check your cupboard, I bet you have most of them!
What’s more, thanks to its everyday staples, it is a very inexpensive recipe. So, if you have a big family, it is ideal for you, too.
Let’s stop talking and start doing. Head off to the kitchen and let the magic happen! You won’t regret making this exquisite Mexican dish.