- 1 lb. Rigatoni cooked al dente
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 5 slices of Capicola diced
- 1/3 cup of 2% Milk
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup of onions chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 12 oz. bag of broccoli cooked according to instructions
- 3-4 tbsp. of Ciao Pittsburgh Aroma Piccante
- 16 oz. of frozen mussels
- Extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta according to directions for ad dente.
- Take eggs, milk, 2 tbsp of Ciao Pittsburgh’s Aroma Piccante and mix well. In sauce pan heat a little olive oil, add the egg mixture and cook like you would scrambled eggs. Once eggs are cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Steam mussels along with 1 tbsp of Ciao Pittsburgh’s Aroma Piccante according to instructions and set aside.
- In sauce pan, add a little olive oil. Add green bell pepper, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Sauté mixture.
- Once rigatoni is al dente, drain it and return it back to the pan. Add 1-2 tbsp of olive oil in bottom of pot. Stir the pasta to make sure it is well coated. Add cooked eggs, sautéed onions, Capicola, broccoli, peppers and garlic. Pour ¼- ½ cup of olive oil over mixture and blend well.
- Place the cooked pasta in individual serving bowls. Top off with cooked muscles. Garnish with Ciao Pittsburgh’s Aroma Piccante and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and you are ready to mangia!
© Ciao Pittsburgh 2014 (www.CiaoPittsburgh.com)