(Recipe courtesy of Nicky D Cooks)
- 2-3 Ciabatta Bread Rolls
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 heaping tsp olive oil
- ¼ lb sliced pepperoni
- 1 -2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1- 2 teaspoon AROMA Italian Seasoning
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- ½ c (about) grated Italian Cheese (Parmesan Cheese or Pecorino Romano)
- Heat oven to 375-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat olive oil on a medium heat in a small pan and add tomato sauce.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar; cook for several minutes, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Split the bread in half horizontally.
- Place bread halves, cut side up, on a baking sheet.
- Spread each half with a thin layer of tomato sauce. Sprinkle with dried spices. Sprinkle with grated Italian cheese. Add sliced pepperoni and top with mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Cut on into slices and serve while hot.
© Ciao Pittsburgh 2014 (www.CiaoPittsburgh.com)