- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 Tablespoons Ciao Pittsburghs Aroma
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 12 store-bought ravioli (or 20 tortellini)
1. Preheat vegetable oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat.
2. Place flour in one shallow dish and eggs in another. In a third, mix bread crumbs, ¼ cup Parmesan, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. In two batches, toss ravioli (or tortellini) in flour, gently shaking off excess. Dip in egg and then in bread crumb mixture. Thread 3 breaded ravioli (or 5 tortellini) onto each skewer.
4. Once oil reaches 350ºF, carefully place skewers in pot, two at a time, and fry about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan. Serve warm, with marinara sauce.
© Ciao Pittsburgh 2014 (www.CiaoPittsburgh.com)