- 2 medium sized eggplant
- 4 TBSP EVO
- 1 1/2 TSP balsamic vinegar
- salt/pepper to taste
- 4 ounces sharp provolone (you can use blue cheese or another cheese)
- 1/4 TSP minces garlic
- 2 TSP sour cream
- 1 TSP Ciao Pittsburgh’s Aroma Seasoning
- Cut stem off of eggplant.
- Trim skin on both sides.
- Cut eggplant lengthwise in 1 inch pieces.
- Salt eggplant on both sides and place in colander for an hour, this helps pull out the moisture.
- After an hour, rinse each piece and squeeze dry and blot with paper towel.
- Mix: EVO, balsamic vinegar, salt/pepper, minced garlic, Aroma seasoning and sour cream.
- Once mixed and all ingredients are combined, coat each eggplant slices on both sides.
- Place on hot grill and cook for 2 minutes. Then turn over on other side and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn them back over one more time and add cheese. Once cheese melts, plate them.
Mangia! Mangia! Amici!