- 2 fresh lamb steaks
- 1 TSP Ciao Pittsburgh’s Aroma seasoning
- 1 TSP seas salt
- 1 TSP black pepper
- 1/2 bulb fresh garlic, cut whole bulb in half
- A few pieces of thyme
- 1/2 cup EVO
- First pull steaks out of the refrigerator, seasoning with sea salt, black pepper and Ciao Pittsburgh Aroma seasoning on both sides. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Add EVO to a skillet and cook on medium heat. Once EVO in skillet is hot, add steaks. If you don’t hear sizzling then it’s too soon to add steaks.
- Once ready, turn steaks about every 2 minutes. Add half clove garlic and thyme. (The EVO will start to splash when you add the thyme so be careful.)
- Every time you turn the steaks, spoon some of the EVO on the top of the steak to add the garlic thyme flavor. Do this every time you flip the steaks.
- If you like a medium steak then cook on both sides for 2 minutes and remove. If you like meat cooked more, then cook a little longer. Once steaks are cooked take out of pan onto a plate.
- Take another 2 spoonfuls of the EVO and pour it on top of steak. Let rest for a few minutes.
Mangia! Mangia! Amici!
This goes well with asparagus, garlic broccoli or garlic mashed potatoes.